---- We TRY to adhere to a 2 NIGHT MINIMUM ----
You will be GLAD to have stayed multiple nights in the area - believe us!
There is so much to see and do within just a few miles.
A special Thanksgiving made-from-scratch buffet is available at the Switzerland Cafe directly across the street. Think about a holiday get-away!
1. Check-in: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check-out 11:00 a.m
2. Rates are subject to change
3. Children 15 years of age and above who are accompanied by a parent are most welcome in the Chalet.
4. Alpine Continental Breakfast pre-stocked in your refrigerator as requested.
1. I myself lose, break, stain and spill things, so please let me know if you do the same.
2. If you find something missing, damaged or not working please let me know as soon as possible.
3. Ceiling fans can reduce air conditioning costs by up to 40% so please use them.
4. We are Eco-green, so if you're going out for the day please adjust the thermostat accordingly and turn the lights off.
5. Only those on the reservation confirmation may stay at the house. Guests are not allowed to have "overnight guests" .
6. Parties are not allowed unless otherwise agreed to - and of course, unless your host is invited!
7. Please be very considerate of other guests that may follow your visit, they deserve a great vacation too.
8. Enjoy the natural and imported New Zealand floral toiletries.
9. Guys and Girls, enjoy the micro fiber robes but please leave everything for us to have washed and ready for the next guests!
The smoking of anything at any time is not allowed anywhere on the property.
Dog Policy: here is only one pet policy - NO PETS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED INSIDE LA PETITE CHALET AT ANY TIME. We love dogs but please don't ask for an exception. Dogs are not to be left outside unattended at any time.
Despite how well behaved any dog is at home, being left in a strange place with strange noises and not knowing when Mom or Dad will return is often so stressful it results in clawing at doors, chewing pillows, rugs, furniture, howling and barking. Consequently, t
Payment:, I am willing to do everything I can to accommodate my guests, and if notification of a cancellation is received at least three weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit is refundable less a 25% cancellation fee. If notice of cancellation is received at least two weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit is refundable less a 50% cancellation fee. If notification of a cancellation is received two weeks or less prior to the arrival date, the full amount of the reservation will be charged and is non-refundable. There are no refunds for early departure. We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay. Re-bookings are subject to a 25% re-booking fee that will be charged to the guest along with the new reservation charge.
Cancellations must be made by phone followed by an email cancellation confirmation!
Re-Booking a Reservation:
Re-bookings are subject to availability and cannot be made within 48 hours of arrival.
Full payment is required at the time of the reservation, for a one or two night stay; for three or more nights, a payment of two night's room rate is required at time of the reservation. Payments for Holiday weekend reservations are due in full at time of booking. Any balances due to be paid on arrival. Reservations made 14 days or less prior to arrival are to be paid in full and are non-refundable. All deposits must be made and guaranteed with a credit card at time of reservation.
We accept deposits as well as final payment upon check-in, using PayPal or any of the major credit card companies.
All requests for adjustments or credits must be made in writing within 30 days or less of arrival at La Petite Chalet. After 30 days guests will be deemed to have accepted all credit card charges.
On average our guests book many weeks prior to arrival so we can't rely on last minute bookings to fill cancellations. However we will try to do our level best to ensure guets only pay for what they receive.
Due to the inherent creatures of nature that abound when living in the mountains, and although I regularly use insecticides that are safe for human use, they are not 100% effective 100% of the time. On occasion a bug, a spider or even dust does get into the house through an open door, a window left open or even riding on a piece of luggage. Guests agree to indemnify and save individual owner, Jack Byrnes and his employees, free and harmless for any liabilities or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to, or in any connection with the rental of the premises, including but not limited to, any claim or liability of personal injury or damage or loss of property which is incurred or sustained by a guest or guests of a guest. Jack Byrnes reserves the right to refuse or discontinue tenancy if, in his opinion, any guest displays inappropriate behavior. Guests will be responsible for any damages or theft, which will, at once, be charged to the guests' credit card without incident. La Petite Chalet is not responsible for any items left behind or lost. La Petite Chalet is a privately owned home and it is not a public hotel.
I hate to be so detailed about my policies but from experience, a few ruin it for many. I have spent a lifetime of savings trying to make things perfect and fabulous for you the guest and I cannot help but try not to be taken advantage of. I love travel, and I above all, respect the traveler. After all, I was once an ardent global traveler myself, and I respected my hosts above and beyond their own concept of expectance.
I cannot wait to share my Bed and Breakfast with you and look forward to you having a wonderful stay here in Nature's Playground of Little Switzerland on the Blue Ridge Parkway above the clouds!